Cards

About Us

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emma's apron

It must be little girl birthday time because it seems my daughter has had quite a few birthday parties to go to! I was itching to make each one an apron, so I found a picture of one online and ran with it. Here's Emma's!
For the "E" I used Storybook cart to cut out with, then I ironed it on with stitch witchery and finally hand stitched around the edges with black cro-sheen yarn to give it definition.



The style these days is so casual, and I new we'd blink and these girls will have outgrown these aprons, so I pulled out my hem foot on my serger and just did a serged edge. I used my gathering foot to make the pleats.  It was the first time I have had success with it and I just love how they turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment