Cards

About Us

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Card Night!

I got together with a couple of girlfriends for a card night last week.  We certainly have a good time when we do this!  They humor me in my home-life rantings. We sympathize over pregnancies--the belly aches thereof and excitement of adding another bundle of joy to the family. There is usually some mention of husbands in the conversation. Giggles. Rolling of eyes. Laughter. And then the "ooohs and aaahhs" as the cards come together. 

The theme this time was seasonal miscellaneous.  That meant the sky was the limit!

Here is Rebecca's autumn card.  I'm so glad she used the SYI leaf silhouette! It is a favorite and I was hoping to find a good way to use it.  She also taught us a couple of fun distressing techniques. Thanks Rebecca!


My Christmas card: (the outside) I was thinking of New York City when I created this card.  Modern, weathered, yet traditional.  I don't know if I captured it, but I certainly put in plenty of elements!
The inside.

Rebecca's Halloween card. I liked her tri-fold idea and how she brought it together with the sleeve.  My little girl liked all the sparkles! It seems I make a Halloween card at least once a year and I can see this one will work perfectly! (That is, if I can muster up giving it away!)



Both of Katrina's cards are so elegant!  I would love to make a hundred of these and give them to all my dear friends and family.
The pearls in the deer's antlers were so pretty!
Here is Katrina's second card. I have a difficult time deciding which one I like better. This one is very classy too!  It was my first time using fabric other than ribbon in a card and I fell in love immediately.


Here is my second card. I went with an autumn theme and really wanted to learn something new. This particular technique is called "Iris Folding" It was my first time doing it and I definitely learned a few things along the way.  I will post a future blog with a tutorial to show you how to do it.  Unfortunately, I ran out of time when I was preparing for this card, so I feel like it is missing elements, but nonetheless, it was fun to try! (Thank you to my sweet friends who humored me with this card!)

The inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment