Cards

About Us

Friday, November 14, 2008

Once upon a Columbus...

We have been learning a bit of Columbus this week. I merged the pilgrims story to incorporate Thanksgiving. All pieces came from Cricut's Paper Doll Dress Up cart.  I believe I used a 5 inch doll.
Here's Christopher Columbus with his telescope and map.

Columbus went to the king and queen of Portugal twice to ask for ships. Both times he was denied so he turned to the king and queeen of Spain. On the second try, they finally gave him three ships.
Here's our ships! The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Columbus traveled on the Santa Maria. On Columbus' third trip to the new world, the Santa Maria was destroyed while he was exploring a new land. The natives held him captive there until he was able to sneak away.

Here are our pilgrims and their feast! See the momma --she is praying!

Here are our Indians. Can you see the boy Indian making his "chants"?


I laminated them so we can use them for many more years to come. That is unless the kids wear them out playing with them!

4 comments:

  1. This are so very cute. Little projects like these really help kids remember so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea emily. not that i'm surprised you thought of it...you're so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there ... I just wanted you to know today I borrowed your idea of creating a Christopher Columbus character using the Cricut.

    If you are interested in seeing our project you can visit this link:

    Your creative idea was WONDERFUL!! I shared it with my son's 1st grade teacher and she said she would LOVE to do something similar. Today I went into the classroom and we created Famous People using the Cricut. I just wanted to thank you for the great idea.

    Here's the link to my blog post if you are interested in seeing what we did ...

    http://missymadeit.blogspot.com/2011/10/fun-class-project.html

    ReplyDelete